You are hereForums /

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #7 Rydal: Results +points

NB: Originally posted elsewhere on the Global Riders Network and appears via syndication.

Hey all Results up. Having a few dramas with points. should have then up soonish

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #6 Rydal: Results +points

NB: Originally posted elsewhere on the Global Riders Network and appears via syndication.

Another awesome roll up. good to see every one is still keen.
The night may have been a bit cool but the racing was red hot.

Results are up. Double check them and I'll try and get the points done sometime through the week

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #5 Rydal: Results +points

Hey all.

Sorry they're late again, I've had a busy week. I think we can all agree the important thing is I won....

mgltrdrury's picture

MGLTR Club Race No.2 - Results

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Here's the preliminary results for Race 2. If you don't think your time is right let us know and I'll double check the backup written version.

What an awesome afternoon!! 38 riders took part with plenty of "out-of-towners" taking part and ultimately taking the glory off the locals for the podium places.

The out of towners have declared our race track the finest and most fun they have ever ridden (or words to that effect). We already knew that of course!

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #4 Rydal: Results +points

Another great race under a full moon. How cool was that?

Brad Roughly was too strong and rode away for the win. Barnesy gave chase but had to settle for second.

I barely held on for third.

Thomas Stapleton was the best of the Juniors followed by Jack Liang and it was good to see Caleb out there giving it a go.

Big thanks to Poppo for timing but like all first timers there was a few errors so can I get every one to double check the results and let me know if you think they are wrong before I do the points.

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #3 Rydal: Results +points

Sorry they are late again....

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #2 Rydal: Results +points

Anothe rgood night of racing and good to see numbers are still right up there.

Great riding bu Robbie, Brett and Jarrod.

Juniors also went well with Luke leading home Tom, Brad and Bryson

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Enter the Darkness #1 Rydal: Results +points

Sorry they are so late. been a little tied up this week

mgltrdrury's picture

MGL Tip Riders - First Club Race results

What a great afternoon!! 21 men, women and juniors took on Kiwarrak today and by all accounts had a great afternoon.

Thanks to all competitors for having a go and thanks to all the Dark Side helpers.

Silas is March 2011 King of Kiwarrak, Meg the Queen of the track, and Addison the junior champ. Well done.

See the results PDF below.

If you have any comments on how we can improve the track eg, signage, directions, etc then be sure to let us know.

Kaz has also placed some great photos on this site - especially the one of our official sweep.

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #10 Rydal: Results +points

Sorry their late.

Results are attached

I'll get the point done when I get a chance.

Congrats to Barnsie and Bryson for taken out the series

next week we'll start an openned end "Enter the Darkness series" which will run until it gets too cold

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #9 Rydal: Results +points

Sorry for the lateness. Been a bit caught up.

By all accounts it was a tough little slog in the anticlockwise direction.

Poppo rode well and Barnsie took another flat yet still hung on for second.

Next week is the last race in this series and we'll have a presentation at the pub afterwards (Barnsie is now up on me by 3 points so if people can hold him up and not let him past that would be great)
We'll also do a quick club meeting as well

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #8 Rydal: Results +points

Another great roll up.

Big thanks to Richard who pretty much cut the new section on his own on the weekend. We need to make sure he is not buying his own beer back at the pub.

Also thanks to Walshy for timing.

Just a reminder to go easy on the road in and out. It's probably better to go in and out via the showground. Head up beside the pub and follow the dual track on the bottom side of the showground.

Also from next week all riders riding A grade should have lights. If you don't have any I have 1 or two old set you can rent for the week but first in best dressed.

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #7 Rydal: Results +points

Another awesome roll up.

Brad Roughley is riding better and better each week, nice win mate.

Great to see the guys from Orange make the trip up for our little race. the fact we're pulling entrants from Wenny Falls to Orange speaks wonders for the vibe of this series.

The junior field keeps growning too which is very pleasing.

Full results and points attached, again please check over them and let me know if there are any errors.

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #6 Rydal: Results +points

Another great one.

How good is it to see all the smiles and banter at the end of the racing?

Tonight John Harris was just too good, Nice riding mate.

Brad Roughley stepped up a notch to take second while Garry Dukes managed to hold out Richard Campbell for third,

Good to see the young guys pushing hard too. Can really see them improving each week.

Results and points are attached. Please double check them as there were a few glitches int he timing. Todd, Tim, Belly and Jarrod can you guys have a close look and let me know if there are errors in your placing?

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #5 Rydal: Results +points

Another great roll up, especially with the wetness about.

I've got the results based in the times Tim managed to get with his phone (huge thanks to Tim and Walshy). Obviously the first and second lap times are a bit off but the rest should be fine.

With the points I've tried to use the same system as they use for Nationals.

1st, get 80
2nd, 65
3rd, 55
4th, 48 and so on and so forth etc, etc, etc until everyone after 29 gets 1 point.

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #4 Rydal: Results

Poppo returned to his winning ways.

John Harris came down and gave the young fellas a shot of reality and I fell off....

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #3 Rydal: Results

Another great turn up. Chad is damn quick. Apparently he is good to watch through the single trail but I couldn't stay close enough to tell Smiling

Thanks to the riders for coming out, Clint for timing and our sponsors Stella Maris Mining Services, Centennial Coal, C & W Printing, Mark O toole Electrical and Insane Cycles

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC #2 Rydal: Results

Hot and dusty conditions greeted riders for round 2 of the Central Tablelands Mountain Bike clubs twilight series sponsored by Stella Maris Mining Services and Centennial Coal.
The buzz surrounding the new venue drew a good field of 32 riders and the track didn't disappoint
The 3km short course has 3 sections. The first, named Ant's Pants is tight with some technically challenging off camber corners, riders descend down through here and need to use all there off road skills to get through it quickly whilst keeping the bike upright.

Flynny's picture

2011 Twilight series, Rydal. #1

Sorry for the delay guys.

Attached are the results from the Stella Maris Mining Services/Centennial Coal twilight series #1

As you know we didn't have a timer so times are very rough. I hit start got on my bike and said go.
Barnsie finished first and then plugged himself and others into the system as they finished so we don't have lap times and every ones total time will be a couple of minutes slower than they should be....

Flynny's picture

Round 6 and 7 results

Hey all, apologies for the lateness of the results, thing have been kinda hectic.

Round #5

was a wash out with heavy rain leading up to the night so we called it off.

Round #6

... Um round 6 went ahead, we had a couple of days of not rain and based on 1o years of riding Lidsdale I was confident the top loop would be good.

Umm, well, ah, as we all found out I was wrong. I've never seen the top section running water like that.

Anyway race went ahead and we had fun in the mud.

Flynny's picture

2010 Summer Series #4 results

Ok Barnsie stepped up with some hot laps but Andrew Lumley came on up and went away with Watsons lap record.

It was only just a lap record but when you think Dan did his record before the tree across the fire rd you see it's pretty good effort.

Next week we'll try for a handy cap race for fun. The handicap will be set on the average times for riders first 2 laps, meaning by the end of lap 2 every one should be close together.

Flynny's picture

2010 Summer Series #3

Sorry guys been a bit hectic but results are now attached

Flynny's picture

2010 Summer Series #2

Haven't had time to do a full write up but needless to say Poppo stomped us. Barnsie put in a great chase in second and Bards got the better of Beggsie and Darran to get into 3rd.

Flynny's picture

2010 Summer Series #1

Another good roll up considering it was cup day and a bit damp.

Track conditions were awesome. Big Thanks to Glen Partridge and Garry Dukes for shoveling out the water holes left from yesterday's rain.

C & W Printing's Darren Willis shot out of the start and never looked back. A current state DH champ, Darren showed his all round abilities and was never really challenged, taking the win in a time of 46min 20secs.

Flynny's picture

2010 Live Well Lithgow #4 Results

There was another good roll up for the 4th and final round of the Live Well Lithgow Cross country series.

Good to see more new faces each week.

Andrew Poppet made it a clean sweep for the series, taking out the 5 lap race in a time of43 min 42secs.

Blue Mts rider Cillian Kennedy, more noted for his down hill skills, gave Poppet a run for his money over the first 2 laps but just could not go on with it, finishing in seconds place in a time of 44:51.

Best Mountain Bike